Zero gravityGravitation plays a major role in so many aspects of our lives. Gravity acts on every object with out any distinction. As the height increases, the amount of gravitational pull decreases. Therefore the object starts to float in space. Lets Learn more about the gravitation and how it varies with height of the ground, in this topic.
After completing the topic, the student will be able to:
- Explore the basic force that rules the Nature, i.e., gravitation and expand its importance in everyday science.
- Clearly observe and reflect on the Kepler's laws of planetary motion.
- State and relate the Newton's universal law of gravitation to everyday science.
- Observe and reflect on the variation of acceleration due to gravity at different places of Earth.
- Distinguish between mass and weight of the object.
- Discover the concept of weightlessness and apply it to everyday science.
- Explore about the ocean tides and extend it to different types of tides.
- Explore and discuss about gravitational potential energy.
- Investigate, explore and formulate Kepler's laws of planetary motion.
- Develop and formulate orbital velocity, escape velocity and energy of artificial satellites.