Checking the pumping action of heart
Blood pressure in blood vessel is checked in case of coronary artery disease
Cardiac catheterization is also done to:
- Check the pumping action of the heart.
- Find out if a congenital heart defect is present and how severe it is. Cardiac catheterization sometimes can also be used to help correct the defect.
- Check blood flow through the heart after surgery.
- Find out how well the heart valves work.
Normal - Results
- Cardiac catheterization is a test to check the heart and coronary arteries. Test results will be reviewed by a cardiologist and will be available after the procedure.
- No significant narrowing or blockage of coronary arteries.
- The heart's pumping action (ejection fractions ) and pressures inside the heart chambers and blood vessles are normal.
- The heart valves are working normally.
- No Abnormal growths, structures, or leaks are seen in the heart.